Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Virtuous Woman

"She is clothed  with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." -Proverbs 31:25

STRENGTH.

I've been told a few times over the last week that I'm a strong woman.  At times, it's hard to believe, especially those times I get inside my head.  However, God doesn't want my heart to be troubled.

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." -1 Peter 2:21

I've been reflecting on this verse the last two weeks and even have it hanging under a picture at my desk.  I strive to be this woman.

A woman of God.

A woman who is learning to love God, as He loves me.

There will be days we fall short of who we strive to be.  Which is okay in this world full of brokenness.  Think of those from the Bible who struggled too, but remained faithful and put all their trust in Christ.

Paul, Joseph, and Daniel are a few examples.

We must keep pushing forward and become who God intends us to be.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:12-14

How do we as women cloth ourselves with strength and dignity?

The LORD himself provides these garments to the believing heart that is looking to Him.

Inner strength and a trust in God will shine and radiate into our outer appearance,

A virtuous woman will know that God is the strength of her life.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1

DIGNITY.

Dignity is another word for honor.  

The Lord is clothed with honor and majesty (Psalm 104:1).

We get our strength and dignity from our LORD!  By trusting Him and allowing our hearts and souls to be touched and healed by His grace.

"....she can laugh at the days to come."

As believers in Christ, we have been guaranteed a bright, eternal future.  We have a promise of God that the future cannot separate us from the love of God.

We do not know what the future holds, but we can be confident of Who holds the future.  We know that everything that happens to us in the future is for God's glory and for our good.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." -Romans 8:28

We are guided that the God who began a good work in us will complete that good work in the future.

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

Be strong.

Be honorable.

Be Christ-like.

And most importantly, be filled with joy knowing that God is in control and will guide us to one amazing future.





No comments:

Post a Comment