Sunday, February 5, 2017

Moving On....

Dealing with thoughts of insecurities and unworthiness....

I'm first to admit that this has been me for years and last night it hit full force and I wasn't sure how to handle this feeling I felt within me.

However when I woke up this morning and looked at myself in the mirror, I knew that I was worth something much more than I've ever given myself credit for.

I felt beautiful, even with the dark circles and bags under my eyes.

I felt like I deserved the best.

I felt worthy.

I've had to do some hard things this weekend, which in turn has made me feel unsure, scared, and heartless.

However, my goal recently has been to stand up for what I want and not back down from it.

Be honest about who I am and what I'm looking for.

In doing so, I'm starting to see that worth I lost within myself from my past.

I heard a song by Rascal Flatts as I sat reflecting on how I had been feeling last night and it was truly fitting.  

"Movin' On"

It was a very powerful song for what I'm determined to do in my life.

Letting go of all my negative thoughts and filling my mind with positive ones.

Trusting the present and moving on from my past.

Finding peace within myself, knowing I'm worthy.

I find my security in my relationship with God.  It can be easy to get lost in how the world portrays how you should look or feel, but God made you out of love and He will help you see your worth, your beauty.  I'm letting Him build me back up and give me the strength to see my worth for the first time in my life.


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth." -Psalm 139: 13-15
  
You are worthy.

And so am I.

May today bring you comfort and peace, no matter what you might be struggling with.

1 comment:

  1. You are worthy too. Be strong and never stop believing in you for God does to and always has! You are an amazing and inspiration. May you find the peace and happiness you deserve. God Bless you now and forever!

    ReplyDelete