Monday, March 13, 2017

I Won't Give Up

"I will be by your side
If you ever fall deep in the dead of the night
Whenever you call
And I won't change my mind
No, I'll see you through
And I won't give up
No, I won't give up
I won't give up on you."

This is the chorus of a song that has a lot of meaning to me.  Not only from a romantic stand point, but also on a faith-based side too.

Lately I've been able to turn romantic songs into a song that describes my relationship with Christ.

Take this chorus for example...

God will be by my side, even if I fall in the dead of the night....Whenever I call, He will never change His mind and will always see me through...He will not give up on me.

If God's love is so strong and unconditional, and we have this intimate and trusting relationship with Him, can't we give the same kind of love and trust to someone in our lives?

For years, I always wanted an intimate relationship with Christ, but never knew how to get there.  During that time, I did not have the capacity to love someone unconditionally.  I didn't know how to trust someone fully.  I certainly tried, but I always found myself doubting, living in fear, and never satisfied.

Why??

Because I couldn't give someone something I didn't have myself.

But God healed my heart, and I no longer walk around in search for attention.

I no longer live in doubt and fear.

I've learned true acceptance and trust, not only with myself, but with God and others as well. 

God's love has never failed me and I know my love will not fail either.

Not with God.

Not with the man God has made for me.

Not with those important in my life.

I will not give up on YOU.



Will you give up?

God will not give up on you.

Keep pushing through and let Him bless you with a love that is indescribable.

A love that will last a lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment