Saturday, January 19, 2019

When God knocks...

ALWAYS OPEN THE DOOR!!!
Because nothing is too hard for the Lord!

I'm currently facing what seems to feel like an impossible situation.

Driving home in tears last night, I realized that my confidence in my self worth, that I had been trying to build up over the last year, was just shattered into a million pieces within minutes.

When I get involved in anything, I give myself wholeheartedly and selflessly.

In doing so, I have found myself hurt or incredibly broken when things don't seem to go in my favor or cruel assumptions are made.

Rather than wallowing, I spent most of the morning and afternoon trying to piece back the million pieces that were shattered.

I started gaining my confidence and understanding my worth again.

Then BOOM!!!
The Devil's knocking at the door...

I'm back to being broken and battle worn.
Feeling helpless and replaying it all in my head again.

I had to force myself to remember that nothing is too hard for the Lord.

Even through our toughest challenges, we should always remember that God is there to pick us back up.  We are the biggest challenge to Him every day, but He never gives up on us.  We should never give up on Him and His grace.

I've been doing a bible study through an app on my phone since the first of the year.  The study today focuses on 3 challenges in the Bible from Proverbs 1:8-19 (resisting temptation), Matthew 6:25-7:23 (living the life style of Jesus), and Genesis 17:1-18:33 (Trusting the Lord in difficult times).

Matthew and Genesis were the two that I could really relate to in this moment.

Jesus says, "do to others what you would have them do to you." - Matthew 7:12

Even though this is so beautifully simple, it can seem almost impossible to live out.

"Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them." (v.12)

If nothing is too hard for the Lord, then we can live by this golden rule, right?
I believe it's something we all as humans struggle with.

Worry is usually my biggest challenge and Matthew 6 is about trusting our Heavenly Father to provide (v.26) and to stop worrying.  God knows our every need (v.32).

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow; but it empties today of strength." - Corrie ten Boom

Among our challenges, we may want to judge especially if we feel someone has done us wrong.  But Jesus encourages in Matthew 7:1-5, "rather than sowing harsh criticism and judgement, sow mercy, kindness, and love."

It's also important to live a radical life and stay on the narrow road that has no room from pride, dishonesty, anger, hatred of enemies, or unforgiveness. (v.13-14)

In Genesis 17, the Lord appears to Abraham with a huge challenge: "I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless" (v.1).

God makes an everlasting promise to Abraham with this challenge; He promises the land of Canaan, as well as the many descendants and nations will come for him, which is where his name Abram was change to Abraham, the 'father of all nations' (v.5).

We can learn so much from Abraham's intimate relationship with God, as Abraham trusted God in his difficult journey of life, however God was in constant conversation with Abraham, encouraging and promising him things along the way.  

If we truly listen and are obedient to God, just as Abraham was, we receive many blessings and promises as we overcome our challenges of life, even ones we never thought we would deserve.

This was an amazing reminder for me today.  No matter what challenge I face, worrying will only cause me to lose strength along the way, so I must lean on God always, so his promises will be fulfilled.


"Lord, help me today and always to continue to trust in You.  Thank you, that whatever the issues I'm currently facing in my life, nothing is too hard for you.  Amen"



No matter what you are currently facing right now, don't worry and trust that God will hear your prayers and act accordingly in His timing.
Good things are coming your way.
Just keep opening the door to God.
He will guide you to something amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment