Sunday, December 25, 2016

Greatest Gift of All

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders.  And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
-Isaiah 9:6

During the Christmas Eve Mass last night, the priest had all of the children gather up front.  As I watched them run up to the front of church, I was overwhelmed by the pure innocence of each child.

Once all the children made their way to the front and sat down, the priest asked,
"What present do we want the most at Christmas?"

Majority of the children yelled out,
"Baby Jesus!"

He then had three huge presents that he let the children open one at a time.  One box full of socks, another box full of jump start cables, and the last one full of candy.

The socks represented that Jesus is essential to our every day life.

The jump start cables represented how we seek Jesus in times of need.

The candy represented how we want and crave Jesus and need to share His truth with everyone around us.


I know He is essential in my every day life.

His grace and mercy heals my heart and soul every day.

He brings me more joy than anyone could ever bring to my life.

When I thank Him for all the good in my life every day, I find myself shining my own light of His truth through my actions and words.

I find that I'm less negative and don't complain as often.

And during my times darkness, my relationship with Him lets my light keep burning. 

I used to be the kind of person who would only call out Jesus' name when I was suffering and when I thought I needed Him.

And yes, during those times of pain and suffering, I cry out to Him.

I ask for His healing hands to take away my pain.

I let myself cry in order for His grace and mercy to heal my brokenness.

But in that darkness, I continue to thank Him for all the good He brings me.

It truly keeps me going and brings me out of that pain and suffering so much faster.
It's helps me stay positive when I see the positives in my life. 

And because He is essential to my every day life, I'm able to share that with those around me, through my actions.

He lights a fire deep within in soul.

His unconditional love brings me a love I never knew I could have for people.

His truth gives me hope.


I pray this Christmas, that you not only let Him be apart of your every day life, but you let Him light a fire within you to burn and share with those in your life.

Let His light shine through the dreary weather,
negative feelings,
and all the horrible things going on in this world.

We can be that light and strengthen to those who are struggling and weak.

As you let your Christmas lights shine tonight, remember He is the light in the darkness.

He is the greatest gift of all.

Today and always.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. St Ignatius of Loyola often ended his letters to Jesuits going to the missions with the expression ite, inflammate omnia—“go, set the world on fire.”

    Often in the bible we are given imagery of God giving us light and Jesus being out light along with imagery of fire.

    Light is always associated with good, but fire has imagery of both good and bad.

    Through our faith, we are part of that light and burn with passion. In so many ways I see God's light in life and in your writings. I see the burning passion of Faith in your heart and in beliefs and writings.

    Never let people put out your fire that burns so bright and gives off a wonderful light for so many to see and feel. Your luster is both breath taking and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete