Sunday, December 18, 2016

Make the Choice


"There is not enough room in your mind for both worry and faith.  You must decide which one gets to live there."


Which do you choose?

I know recently I've been more concerned about "what if's" and questioning things in my life, rather than just giving all my worries and concerns to God.

He's in control and often times I find myself still trying to cling to that control, even when I know I shouldn't.

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."
-1 Peter 5:7

If we read further into this chapter in Peter, we see how choosing faith isn't always easy, but it's essential to our lives.

"Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, STANDING FIRM IN FAITH, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."
-1 Peter 5:8-9

We are all struggling in our journey of faith.

Holidays are hard.

I have found myself in tears most of this weekend so incredibly hurt and angry; even dreading this Christmas.

Every day can be absolutely painful.

Whether we are struggling physically, emotionally, mentally, each day can be a struggle in this broken world.

We have to make the choice on whether we let that worry and sadness take over our lives, or stand firm in our faith and know God has a plan.

A plan that is beyond our imagination.

A plan that God has carefully created for each of us.

A plan that will be revealed when He knows we are ready.


I saw that quote earlier today.  I didn't quite let it sink in right away, as I knew I had to be vulnerable in order to understand it.

As the day progressed, I let myself be vulnerable.

I let myself cry.  I let those tears of sadness, hurt, and anger pour out of me and turn to tears of healing.

I felt the presence of Christ's arms around me and I could feel my shattered world (at least that's what it felt like) start to piece itself back together.

I choose FAITH.

Always.

I know I will stumble and fall at times, but if I allow it, I will let Him pick me right back up.

I choose to keep pushing forward.

I choose to keep looking up.

I choose to NEVER lose FAITH.

What do you choose?





Have a blessed week and may you find peace among the chaos of the holidays.

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment