Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Various Beauty Tips (My Secrets)

NOTE: This particular blog is pretty much for women...guys are more than welcome to read though!  It's also a little lengthy, but has LOTS of information and pictures!

Ever feel like you need a change, physically?  Whether it's your makeup,  your hair, or just your style in general?  As I'm waiting to get back into school,  I've had plenty of time to figure out how to look different each day by changing the way I do my hair and makeup.  Some hair styles take some time, while others are quick and easy!

I don't wear a lot of makeup and my makeup routine never goes past 10 minutes, even when I change it around a bit.  My hair, depending on what I do for the day, normally takes the longest to do.  But, I know my husband enjoys coming home to me looking different every day!

Few Beauty Tips:

  • Velcro Rollers have become my best friend!  I first was introduced to velcro rollers when I needed to style my hair for my wedding:


  • Natural Beauty is the most beautiful way to look for any girl/woman.  If you want to enhance your natural beauty, all you have to use is a little bit of bronzer, blush, and mascara!
  • ALWAYS protect your hair with a heat protector product (I use TRESemme Thermal Creations Volumizing Heat protectant mousse)!


Here are several different hair styles and make-up routines:

Hairstyle #1: Velcro Rollers (2 inches), teasing combing, bobby pins, straightener, heat protector, and hair spray.

I always part my hair from the left side to my right.  I decided to part it down the middle for a change.  After parting my hair, I used 12 of the 2 inch velcro rollers.  I flipped my hair out and away from my head to give it a flipped out look and let that set for about 20 minutes.  Before putting in the rollers, I teased each section of hair.  This helps give the hair volume beforehand so you don't pull out the end result.  Once I took out the rollers, I took my fingers and went thru it gently and then hair sprayed it.  I took the top section of my hair and gave myself a half up-do.

End result:

 I even flipped out my bangs.

Hair Routine: 10 minutes to set, leave in 20 minutes, take out and style!


If you would like to know where I got this inspiration, here are the videos I watched beforehand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8FPTc4lq0Y (flipped out hair look)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07vnuKb3i-U&feature=plcp (Voluminous Half Up-do)

This girl is AMAZING with hair and makeup tutorials!


Hairstyle #2: Straightener, heat protector and hairspray

I can't really describe how to do this hairstyle because I'm still trying to learn it! I linked the video I got the idea from.  She is awesome at explaining how to do this look.

Here is my finished look:

Hair Routine: 30 minutes (I'm a beginner at this style! ha!)
Makeup Routine: 10 Minutes
**Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circles)** Bronzer (Physicians Formula "Sunlight 3105")**Blush (Neutrogena "Healthy Skin Blends Pure 22")** Eye Shadow: Brown Smokey Eye (Hard Candy "064")** Eyeliner (Almay crayon eyeliner "03 brown")** Mascara (Almay Waterproof "Black Brown 02")


Hair Tutorial Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A2PAUxKtR4&feature=plcp


Hairstyle #3: Bobby pins, hairspray

This next hairstyle is perfect for a hot and humid summer day.  I love this now that I live in Texas!!  Basically all I did was tease my hair a bit at my crown.  Then I took my bangs and twisted them into a french twist rather than a french braid.  I'm terrible at french braids.  I'll link a hair tutorial video on how to do a french twist.  Once I got my french twist and secured it, I took the rest of my hair and started twisting it until it was tight enough to twist it into a bun.  Secured the bun with bobby pins and sprayed the finished looked.

Hair Routine: 5 minutes
Makeup Routine: 10 minutes
**Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circles)** Bronzer (Physicians Formula "Sunlight 3105")**Blush (Neutrogena "Healthy Skin Blends Pure 22")** Eye Shadow (Almay intense i-color for hazel eyes "023")**Eyeliner (Covergirl "Midnight Blue 220")**Mascara (Almay Waterproof "Black Brown 02")

Hair Tutorial Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBFIcrpVaE&feature=BFa&list=PL59227A3254B14259


Hairstyle #4: Bobby pins, straightener, heat protector, hairspray

Similar to the above look, this is another french twist look with my hair straightened.  I was going to the movies with my husband this day and wanted to do a french twist, but leave my hair down.  You can use the above video to help you with the french twist, and straighten your hair to your liking.  Here is my finished look:

Hair Routine: 10 minutes
Makeup Routine: 10 minutes
 **Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circles)**Beauty Balm "BB Cream" (Maybelline 8-in-1 Skin Protector SPF 30 "Light/Medium")**Bronzer (Physicians Formula "Sunlight 3105")**Blush (Neutrogena "Healthy Skin Blends Pure 22")**Eyeshadow: Green Smokey Eye (Maybelline Expert Wear "Irish Mist 435EDU-60")** Eyeliner (Almay intense i-color eyeliner crayon "003 black")**Mascara (Almay Waterproof "Black Brown 02")


Hairstyle #5: Bobby pins, teasing comb, ponytail holder, hairspray

Yet, another fun summer look.  All you do is tease your hair if you want more volume.  Section off apart of your hair to french braid or french twist, and then pull the rest of your hair into a side messy bun.  Once you get that secured, french twist or french braid the sectioned off hair and add it to the messy bun and you get another fun summer look!

Hair Routine: 5 Minutes

Makeup Routine: 5 Minutes
 **Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circles)**Beauty Balm "BB Cream" (Maybelline 8-in-1 Skin Protector SPF 30 "Light/Medium")**Bronzer (Physicians Formula "Sunlight 3105")**Blush (Neutrogena "Healthy Skin Blends Pure 22")**Eyeliner (Almay intense i-color eyeliner crayon "003 black")**Mascara (Almay Waterproof "Black Brown 02")


Hair Tutorial Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTi0ZhZNDC0&feature=plcp


Hairstyle #6: Bobby pins, teasing comb, hair spray, straightener/curling iron

This is another great look for hot summer days.  The previous summer up-dos are more casual while this hairstyle is much more sophisticated.  It's called the braided up-do.  It's really fun and easy to do once you get used to it.  This is another hairstyle I have a hard time describing to people, so I have a video linked on how to do it.  It's a very helpful step-by-step tutorial.

Here is my finished look:

 Hair Routine: 10-15 minutes

   Makeup Routine: 10-12 Minutes
**Concealer (Maybelline Instant Age Eraser Dark Circles)**Beauty Balm "BB Cream" (Maybelline 8-in-1 Skin Protector SPF 30 "Light/Medium")**Bronzer (Physicians Formula "Sunlight 3105")**Blush (Neutrogena "Healthy Skin Blends Pure 22")** Eye Shadow: Brown Smokey Eye (Maybelline Color Tattoo "Bad to the Bronze 25" AND Hard Candy "064")** (Almay intense i-color eyeliner crayon "003 black")**Mascara (Almay Waterproof "Black Brown 02")**Eye Brow (Sonia Kashuk Brow Kit "12")

This is one of my favorite up-do hairstyles!!

Hair Tutorial Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iont3D_vdY


I hope this blog inspires and helps some women out there!  Inner beauty always shines through when you have more self-confidence within yourself...and I know when I change my look each day, I feel more confident than ever!  If you have any questions or need advice, please don't hesitate to ask!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment