Sunday, September 9, 2012

Walk by Faith!

Lately, I've been sitting down at random times during the day and flip open my Bible, not having anything in mind to read.  Have you ever done this?  It's so cool how God talks to you by just leading you to passages you need to hear for that day.  On Thursday night, I got into bed a little earlier than normal and took my Bible with me.  Mind you, I hadn't done this in a long time....read my Bible.  I just flipped open my Bible and I came to Psalm 31.  The theme for this passage was:

 "in times of stress, depending upon God requires complete commitment."

BAM!!!  

I've been so incredibly stressed about getting back into school.  It's been an endless process starting back at the beginning of May.  I applied online for college back in May and sent out a request for my transcripts.  My application went through smoothly, but I didn't get my transcripts until the end of July (after fighting to get them for 2 months).  Once I got my transcripts, I found out that before I could even register, it was mandatory to get a meningitis vaccination in the state of Texas.  Well, looking for places that would do it for pretty cheap was impossible, so I had to wait until our insurance kicked in on September 1st, hoping and praying insurance covered at least some of it.  As I've been waiting, I've been studying up on my math skills since one of my prerequisites for the sonography program is college algebra (yikes!!!).  

I realized when I sat down and read this passage that it's all in God's hands, and I just need to leave it alone and let it all play out like it should.  I jotted down a few verses that I felt could help me get through this stressful time; to remind me that God is there for me, especially when I commit myself to him and depend on him fully.

"O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced.  Save me, for you do what is right." (Psalm 31:1)

"But I'm trusting you, O Lord, saying, 'You are my God!'  My future is in your hands..." (Psalm 31:14-15)

"Praise the Lord, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love..." (Psalm 31:21)

"So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!" (Psalm 31:24)

**Found out that insurance fully covered the vaccine and all I have to do now is register!  God is truly wonderful, especially when you trust in him!!**

Then today, about 15 minutes ago, I pulled out my Bible again and just randomly opened it.  I came to Colossians 2.  Another favorite of mine, and something I needed to read again.  

Just like I stated in my post about having a Christ like attitude, falling away from your faith is so easy to do and I'm really good at it.  This passage reminded me how important it is to keep fighting and staying on that path.

"And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.  Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." (Colossians 2:6-7)

God works in my life, as well as everyone else's lives every day.  I'm such a different person when I trust in him.  I have more patience, a calm demeanor, and always turn to him when I need help.  I will end this post with this last verse...

"For we live by believing, not by seeing." (2 Corinthians 5:7 NLT)

Thanks for reading and God bless you as you enter into another week!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment